[Development] Future of QBS

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 08:58:13 CEST 2017

On 16/10/2017 7:31 pm, "BogDan Vatra" <bogdan at kdab.com> wrote:

On luni, 16 octombrie 2017 17:38:53 EEST Christian Gagneraud wrote:
> On 16 October 2017 at 15:42, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> > Christian Gagneraud wrote:
> >> I would resume this post as "I love CMake, CMake is the only way.
> >> You're all wrong."
> >> This post doesn't explain anything, doesn't gives any analysis, no
> >> comparison, no argument whatsoever, nothing.
> >
> > It makes one important point (and elaborates it to great lengths):
> > developer familiarity. Even if QBS were actually a lot better than CMake
> > (something I am also very sceptical about), it would still be
universally
> > hated simply because it is not what developers (and distribution
> > packagers!) know.
> Universally, really? In your world maybe, not in mine.
>
> Anyway, I think the discussion is turning sterile, at least for me.
> You are free to make your own choice, and so am I.
>
> In case my wording sounded harsh, I would like to let you know that I
> am genuinely happy for you to be in charge of CMake support, I mean
> it.

"Kevin Kofler" != "Kevin Funk" ...

!= "Kevin Ottens"

This remind me at work, we're 3 Chris within 3 meters of each other, in the
same team! Everytime someone comes around and say "hey Chris" loud enough,
3 heads turn around.... funny at first but it gets annoying with time...

Anyway I knew I was not talking to Kevin Ottens, glad to hear from you
Kevin O.! You've put a big smile on my face!
Back at the time when I worked with Kevin O (hope you don't mind) I was an
electronic engineer, saying stuff like "I love Gnome, Gnome is the only
way, you're all wrong".

And then I tried GTK... ;) I had to wash my hands for 3 hours! ;)

I'm glad to have opened up, strengthen my C++ and discovered Qt and KDE.
Although I love QtC, I still think that emacs is way superior... Lol!
Seriously, can you do VHDL with QtC? ;)

Things change, and I feel good.

Chris

Whatever you're smoking, I want some too ;-) !

Cheers,
BogDan.