[Development] Should QFileSystemWatcher be thread-safe? (Qt 5.8.0)

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 16:24:57 CEST 2017

Konrad Rosenbaum wrote:

> Apart from this I'd suspect you will still get the SEGV if you do not block
> - even if the frequency changes.

As in when emitting the signal too frequently from multiple threads?

For my personal education, what happens behind the scenes when a signal is sent
from one thread to a slot in a different thread? Can I assume there's some kind
of fifo that ensures signals are delivered in order of being sent and such that
producer and consumer don't try to modify (access) the queue concurrently?

R.