[Development] Maintenance in network aprox between the 25th and 27th of April

Tony Sarajärvi tony.sarajarvi at qt.io
Tue Apr 24 13:24:12 CEST 2018

Hi

This is a reminder of the service break we are going to be having the next few days.

A brief summary of what's going to change and what they affect:

Wednesday:

  *   New switches are being installed
     *   Side by side with the current ones, no interruptions as such
  *   New hosts are being connected to the CI
     *   This increases our capacity in the CI after they get deployed
  *   Our blade chassis hosting our infra is going to be moved
     *   This cuts of everyone from our infra for a minute

(This includes our VPN, and some external services like testresults.qt.io)

Thursday:

  *   All CI hosts are going down for upgrade
     *   Affects CI in such that our 20 hosts have to be taken out of service one by one
     *   Bringing them back takes ~2h per host
  *   MacMinis are taken down and re-routed
     *   This prevents macOS builds in our Jenkins farm

Friday:

  *   MacMinis are brought back online
  *   Troubleshooting

In case of questions, contact qt-ci at qt.io