[Development] Maintenance in network aprox between the 25th and 27th of April
tony.sarajarvi at qt.io
Thu Apr 26 16:58:26 CEST 2018
We are right in the middle of redeploying all the hosts currently. So ATM capacity is down by 50%, but I won't bring it down from that before we get updated hardware online.
However, due to problems left and right (as usual), the deployment back takes time. With so much going on, I really don't even know why hosts don't come back online.
The new capacity we have has been set up, but the hardware has been wired differently than the previous batch we got. So we are using a different RAID controller, and you can guess twice how MAAS deployment works with it.
From: Tony Sarajärvi
Sent: tiistai 24. huhtikuuta 2018 14.24
To: 'development at qt-project.org' <development at qt-project.org>
Subject: RE: Maintenance in network aprox between the 25th and 27th of April
This is a reminder of the service break we are going to be having the next few days.
A brief summary of what's going to change and what they affect:
* New switches are being installed
* Side by side with the current ones, no interruptions as such
* New hosts are being connected to the CI
* This increases our capacity in the CI after they get deployed
* Our blade chassis hosting our infra is going to be moved
* This cuts of everyone from our infra for a minute
(This includes our VPN, and some external services like testresults.qt.io)
* All CI hosts are going down for upgrade
* Affects CI in such that our 20 hosts have to be taken out of service one by one
* Bringing them back takes ~2h per host
* MacMinis are taken down and re-routed
* This prevents macOS builds in our Jenkins farm
* MacMinis are brought back online
In case of questions, contact qt-ci at qt.io<mailto:qt-ci at qt.io>
From: Tony Sarajärvi
Sent: perjantai 6. huhtikuuta 2018 9.36
To: 'development at qt-project.org' <development at qt-project.org<mailto:development at qt-project.org>>
Subject: Maintenance in network aprox between the 25th and 27th of April
We are going to perform maintenance on our switches which will probably cause interruptions in all Qt services not located in AWS. New switches are estimated to arrive so that the work can begin approximately on the 25th. We'll inform you with more precise data as we get it.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Development