[Development] New Qml Tableview

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at qt.io
Thu Aug 9 11:07:45 CEST 2018

Hi James,

On torsdag 9. august 2018 10.24.26 CEST James Maxwell wrote:
> I read that you target a new QML TableView for Qt5.12. In one of my
> projects I will need to do a lot with TreeViews. Will the new TableView
> also serve as a TreeView (This would be helpful information so I can decide
> whether I wait for the new TreeView)?

We want to get the table view right and it will do exactly that, display
tables.
For tree views, either use the one from Controls 1 or roll your own. Of course
it's possible to help us make progress towards a tree view in Qt Quick, but
we'll first evaluate what we learned from the table view and then eventually
move towards a good implementation of the tree. Some future version is the
current estimate.

Cheers,
Frederik