[Development] About 3D desktop.

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 05:36:31 CEST 2018

Yes the 3D window manager looks a lot at the idea I want to work on.

Any point in the 3D WM (a good name!) has three components:
(x, y, z)

these are projected on the visible 2D screen, suggesting 3D like:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_projection

Very interesting is also:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viewing_frustum

Also important here is what is called in Dutch a "verdwijnpunt". I do
not know the translation, but the horizon is something like that,
where all parallel lines meet..)

Stef