[Development] Qt6/Qt5 coinstallability (Linux distributions)

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Dec 16 22:47:36 CET 2018

On 2018 M11 14, Wed 03:43:03 CET Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > But I've just remembered that Designer loads plugins and those are quite
> > clearly tied to the Qt version. The file format is backwards compatible
> > and has remained so for a few years. It is possible that the plugins
> > generate the same XML regardless of version, but I think we shouldn't risk
> > it. So yes, Designer should be versioned.
>
> I think it would be much safer to just version everything.

+1

I also don't mind having moc6 etc. directly in bin/, instead of being hidden
in libexec. Well, I actually prefer if they are in bin/, because there they
are easy to find an run, and sometimes that's necessary during development. For
anything in libexec I always forget where it is and have to search it again
once I need it.

Alex