[Development] Build system for Qt 6

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 08:28:53 CET 2018

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 at 17:53, Ray Donnelly <mingw.android at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 16, 2018, 10:36 PM Richard Weickelt <richard at weickelt.de wrote:
>> The discussion about build systems reminds me a bit of a religious war. I
>> made my peace with CMake and use it only when being paid for. It allows me
>> to use the browser more often and to find obscure stuff on the internet.
>> It's an expensive tool. After work I want to get my stuff done with low
>> investment, hence I often use Qbs ;-)
>
> That sounds like a very sensible approach Richard.

Same here. At work, we're attempting at using CMake to do Android
builds, but once back at home, i switch to Qbs.

The funny part, is that lot of people at work think that i am the
'CMake expert', you should see their face when i tell them what i
think about CMake (nothing rude or wild, but definitely negative).
After that i try to help as much as i can. The reason being that I do
care about how we cross-build stuff, and how maintainable our build
recipes are, whatever the tool we use.

Chris