[Development] Build system for Qt 6

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 19:33:49 CET 2018

On 15/12/2018 15.49, Ray Donnelly wrote:
> Do you know for example that cmake will find dlls in C:\Windows\System32,

Uh... yeah? I think most people *expect* that...

Would you also rather CMake didn't look in /usr/lib[64] on Linux
systems? *Why*?

> find_package is still inscrutable, and it's for sure the cause of
> most issues we see as software packagers).

Well, yeah, find modules are... not ideal. Modern software should be
providing package configuration files with exported targets.

If we switched to CPS¹ (SHTDI!), that would be even better
(mostly-human-readable files that don't use CMake syntax).

(¹ https://mwoehlke.github.io/cps/)

--
Matthew