[Development] Control 2 : Does StackView garbage collect popped items ?

Fabrice Salvaire fabrice.salvaire at orange.fr
Fri Feb 23 18:25:14 CET 2018

Dear all,

I am experimenting a way to implement a wizard interface featuring a
next and previous page navigation using QML Control 2.

I tried to achieve this using StackView but I receive the error
"TypeError: Type error' when I try to access popped items later, for
example with console.info(popped_item_array)  It looks like a kind of
garbage collection of the Qt object returned by push and pop.  But I
could not figure out any explanation of this behaviour on the Qt doc
https://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qt5-5.11/qml-qtquick-controls2-stackview.html#unwinding-items-via-pop

Note: I hope I am on the right channel for such technical question.

Cheers,

Fabrice