[Development] Control 2 : Does StackView garbage collect popped items ?

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Fri Feb 23 19:25:48 CET 2018

Am 23.02.18 um 18:25 schrieb Fabrice Salvaire:
> Dear all,
>
> I am experimenting a way to implement a wizard interface featuring a
> next and previous page navigation using QML Control 2.
>
> I tried to achieve this using StackView but I receive the error
> "TypeError: Type error' when I try to access popped items later, for
> example with console.info(popped_item_array)  It looks like a kind of
> garbage collection of the Qt object returned by push and pop.  But I
> could not figure out any explanation of this behaviour on the Qt doc
> https://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qt5-5.11/qml-qtquick-controls2-stackview.html#unwinding-items-via-pop
>
> Note: I hope I am on the right channel for such technical question.
Hi Fabrice,

the developers list is for the developers of Qt

you should use the 'interest' list (users of Qt) or ask at the Forum
https://forum.qt.io/category/12/qml-and-qt-quick

BTW: here's a blog article and demo app at github about QQC2 StackView:
https://appbus.wordpress.com/2016/05/27/stacked-pages-app/ it's from
2016 - so not all is covered but perhaps will give you some ideas

ekke