[Development] Pushing to gerrit.

André Hartmann aha_1980 at gmx.de
Mon Jan 1 16:50:23 CET 2018

Hi Igor,

Am 01.01.2018 um 13:20 schrieb Igor Mironchik:
> Hi,
>

>>> Looks good. Now verify your git remote (is the port correct there?)
>>>
>>> Also make sure git uses the right ssh and therefore finds the public
>>> key.
>>>
>>> The problem *is* on your computer.
>>>
>>> Are you on Windows?
>>
>> Think that I found a mistake: possibly this is because of wrong Gerrit
>> user name.
>>
>> I'm on Linux.
>
> I fixed mistake with wrong user name. Now I have following error:
>
> igor at gmi:~/Work/Qt/qt5/qtbase$ git push gerrit HEAD:refs/for/5.10
> Enter passphrase for key '/home/igor/.ssh/id_rsa':
> Total 0 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
> remote: Processing changes: refs: 1, done
> To ssh://igor.mironchik@codereview.qt-project.org:29418/qt/qtbase.git
>   ! [remote rejected] HEAD -> refs/for/5.10 (no new changes)
> error: failed to push some refs to
> 'ssh://igor.mironchik@codereview.qt-project.org:29418/qt/qtbase.git'

Strange. Usually this error appears when you have pushed your changes to
Gerrit and then try to re-push them without new changes (as the message
already says).

Have you already committed your changes? Are you on the correct local
branch?

What does the commands

  git log --pretty=oneline | head

  git branch