[Development] 32bit linux build of qt5.10.0 w/ webengine

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Jan 3 21:25:19 CET 2018

On Wednesday, 3 January 2018 18:01:43 -02 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > -prefix /opt/qt5.10.0 -no-separate-debug-info -system-zlib -system-libpng
> > -confirm-license -nomake examples -I /usr/X11/include -release
> > -webengine-webrtc -qt-libjpeg -no-sse2 -no-sse3 -no-sse3 -no-sse4.1
> > -no-sse4.2 -no-avx -no-avx2
>
> If you want to optimise for Pentium 4, you're going the wrong way about it.
> Please re-read the  specs for your processor and disable ONLY the features
> it doesn't possess.

In particular: -no-sse2.

If you use that option, that means you're optimising for Pentium III and
earlier, not Pentium 4. All Pentium 4 processors have SSE2.

More importantly, SSE2 is *MANDATORY* for 64-bit builds. You may not turn it
off. The errors you are getting are related specifically to this option. So
are you sure you're building 32-bit?

And when you said you built a Penitum4-optimised compiler, are you sure you
didn't enable SSE2 out of the box? Please run this with your toolchain's
compiler:

	g++ -dM -E -xc /dev/null | grep __SSE

What does that print?