[Development] 32bit linux build of qt5.10.0 w/ webengine

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jan 4 15:16:37 CET 2018

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> In particular: -no-sse2.
>
> If you use that option, that means you're optimising for Pentium III and
> earlier, not Pentium 4. All Pentium 4 processors have SSE2.
>
> More importantly, SSE2 is *MANDATORY* for 64-bit builds. You may not turn
> it off. The errors you are getting are related specifically to this
> option. So are you sure you're building 32-bit?

In addition, QtWebEngine always requires SSE2 no matter how you configure
Qt. Chromium stopped supporting machines without SSE2 a few years ago.

There is a huge patch (from me) to allow building for non-SSE2 i686 machines
in the Fedora qt5-qtwebengine package, but that patch is completely
unsupported by upstream.

        Kevin Kofler