[Development] 32bit linux build of qt5.10.0 w/ webengine

Toan Pham tpham3783 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 15:54:53 CET 2018

I am suspecting that the reason why qtwebengineview did not render because
it could not establish IPC connection to qtwebengineprocess.  As seen in
the error below, qtwebengineview aborted when it received unexpected number
of bytes from the IPC initialization call (recvmsg): "unexpected number of
handles".  The second error is related to QT not able to allocate more
memory: "FATAL:memory.cc(22)] Out of memory. size=262144".  The system had
more than 1.8G of RAM, so I do not see how it is possible.

Reference: Error and stack trace of application:

>> [13118:13122:0112/095238.425618:ERROR:broker_posix.cc(46)] Received
unexpected number of handles

My assumption here is that qt could not establish IPC connection with
webengineprocess!

[13118:13122:0112/095238.425832:WARNING:client_shared_bitmap_manager.cc(98)]
Browser failed to allocate shared memory
>> [13118:13122:0112/095238.425986:FATAL:memory.cc(22)] Out of memory.
size=262144
>> #0 0x0000412c4f36 <unknown>
>> #1 0x0000412c4c5d <unknown>
>>  #2 0x0000412d6c4d <unknown>

Obviously, bitmap manager could not allocate memory.  The question is why?
system had pretty of RAM.