[Development] QtCoap: QNAM-like API or not

Timur Pocheptsov timur.pocheptsov at qt.io
Mon Jan 15 07:15:15 CET 2018

> I don't think we can make any decisions on CoAP until DTLS support is there.
> It may influence what the CoAP API looks like.

Thiago, could you, please, clarify this?

They model their Coap client after QNAM and related classes (like QNetworkRequest/Reply pair).

As I understand it now - DTLS or not does not affect this API much - they can later

add QSslConfiguration/sslErrors signal(s) in their API. Am I missing something?

>From client side QDtlsConnection I'm working on is not very different

from QSslSocket/QUdpSocket as we have them in Qt now (though it's none of them exactly).

Best regards,

    Timur.