[Development] QtCoap: QNAM-like API or not

Timur Pocheptsov timur.pocheptsov at qt.io
Tue Jan 16 11:23:54 CET 2018

Thiago, thanks for the clarification. Yeah, you have a point, I agree with those reasons though they are more server-related and CoAP module has no one yet. I was also thinking that having a TP status on CoAP module can help to mitigate possible API/design problems/inconsistency.

Maurice:

> if DTLS takes too long to implement and CoAP would stay for a very long time in TP mode.

It should not, but it's too early/too late given feature-freeze in 2 weeks - so it's for 5.12.

Could we have CoAP as TP given DTLS will be in 5.12?

Best regards,

    Timur.