[Development] New Qt snapshots available

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Fri Jan 26 09:02:10 CET 2018

> On 25. Jan 2018, at 16:50, Denis Shienkov <denis.shienkov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> What about adding the snapshots of QtC 4.5.1 and 4.6.x to the MaintenanceTool?
>
> Because it is ugly to install some future QtC's snapshots separatelly.
> What if I want to upgrade QtC to next snapshot version?
>
> E.g. I do not want to have a more than one installed QtC instance,
> or, e.g. I want to uncheck/uninstall a default QtC.
>
> Is it possible to make this more flexible for MaintenanceTool?

It got more flexible recently (we released the 4.5 beta & rc through the online installer), and we are working on making it more flexible (like making Qt Creator optional).
We currently do not have concrete plans for providing Qt Creator _snapshots_, though I’d love to provide something. I’m not sure if providing daily automated snapshots is feasible though, since we do not want to break online installations (this is not about providing a broken Qt Creator, it is more about breaking the user’s installation in the whole when we adapt something there).

Br, Eike

> BR,
> Denis
>
> 25.01.2018 16:08, Jani Heikkinen пишет:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have published online snapshots for Qt 5.10.1 and Qt 5.11 Alpha. You can find those from 'Preview' node in online installer
>>
>> br,
>> Jani

Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer