[Development] Qt Linguist should tell how many strings are in a file

Kai Koehne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Wed Jul 18 15:47:42 CEST 2018

Would be good to know exactly what the issues are.

> I would expect that Qt would adopt/focus on GNU gettext/PO files in the
> future?

Well, you can use gettext already right now, for your own translations.

Anyhow, I doubt that we can change the existing tooling in Qt to gettext without breaking user code. And given our focus on compatibility, I don't see this happen any time soon.

Regards

Kai