[Development] Qt 6 buildsystem support requirements

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 11:11:44 CEST 2018

On Sat, Jul 21, 2018, 07:38 Bogdan Vatra via Development <
development at qt-project.org> wrote:

> You really hate QBS don't you ? :)

Do you have so few arguments for qbs that you need to appeal to emotions? :)

Anyway IMHO is more important to have a clean, nice and easy to use syntax
> and
> to be tooling friendly than 1.b.

Sure you can write toolable build files with qbs, but there is nothing
stopping you writing an unparsable JS mess either.

For QML we needed to define a toolable subset of the language with the UI
files to have any chance at tooling it. For the qbs dialect of QML that has
not been done yet. So I do not consider qbs to be toolable at this point.

Best regards,
Tobias