[Development] Qt 6 buildsystem support requirements

BogDan Vatra bogdan at kdab.com
Sun Jul 22 13:25:53 CEST 2018

Hi,
În ziua de duminică, 22 iulie 2018, la 12:18:06 EEST, Tobias Hunger a scris:
> On Sat, Jul 21, 2018, 14:49 Jean-Michaël Celerier <
>
> jeanmichael.celerier at gmail.com> wrote:
> > +1, I was flabbergasted when the big objection against CMake in Qt 6
> > boiled down to "it does not supports all the architectures that Qt
> > supports",
>
> IIRC the bid showstopper was that CMake does not support building host
> tools and the target libraries in one go.
>
> That requirement was dropped since then in our side.

Begin able to build for multiple platforms at once is a requirement also for
Android where you can bundle multiple platforms at once in one package. Most
probably Android is not the only one which supports this feature.
This feature is already implemented by QBS.

Cheers,
BogDan.