[Development] GSoC 2018 Idea: a widget for 2D/3D image display

Paolo Angelelli paolo.angelelli at qt.io
Tue Mar 13 15:00:32 CET 2018

Hi Xia,

 in my opinion the project you describe seems a very specific widget, that perhaps
would fit best in a Qt-based visualization framework than in Qt itself.

After all, where in Qt would such a flexible medical visualization widget live?
QtWidgets is supposed to contain only building blocks such as QOpenGLWidget, that you would
use as a basis of your specialized widget.

Maybe you could look into something like inviwo.org, for creating medical data processing pipelines.

best,
Paolo