[Development] Stepping down as maintainer

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Mon Mar 19 18:31:07 CET 2018

On 2018-03-19, Denis Shienkov <denis.shienkov at gmail.com> wrote:
> As I can see recently, is is not a good tendence in Qt... Many peoples
> leaves from Qt.. What happens? Or I'm mistake? :)

Let's do some math.

There is around 160 maintainer positions in Qt (a quick count of <tr> on
the maintainers wiki page)

Many maintainers are a maintainer as part of their job duties. Not many
people these days have the same job for more than 5-6 years. If it takes
1-2 years to get to a state to become maintainer, that leaves around 4
years as a maintainer.

If we assume that the maintainer is around for 4 years and there is
effective 10 months per year, then we should have 4 replacement
maintainers each month.

I'm not sure I see something worrying in numbers alone.

/Sune