[Development] Consistently flaky test QTabWidget test

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at qt.io
Wed May 2 11:09:40 CEST 2018

On onsdag 2. mai 2018 09.29.18 CEST Thiago Macieira wrote:
> 8 out of 8 integrations attempted in both qtbase/dev and qtbase/5.11
> yesterday resulted in
>
>  FAIL!  : tst_QTabWidget::paintEventCount() Compared values are not the same
> Actual   (tab2->count): 2
>     Expected (1)          : 1
>     Loc: [tst_qtabwidget.cpp(573)]
> [on macOS 10.12]
>
> This test *is* flaky because it succeeded in one of the retries, but
> apparently failed the other 16 runs.
>
> Can someone take a look?

For anyone investigating, we have a bit of support in analyzing:
https://testresults.qt.io/grafana/d/000000009/coin-single-test-details?
orgId=1&var-project=qt%2Fqtbase&var-testcase=tests%2Fauto%2Fwidgets%2Fwidgets
%2Fqtabwidget&var-testfunction=All&var-branch=5.11&var-branch=dev&var-
inter=24h

I hope that helps (it pretty clearly shows that it's been a recent
regression). Thanks Kari for taking care of it :)
This one seems already under control, but generally, let's base things on data
if we can.

This should give an overview over flaky tests in general:
https://testresults.qt.io/grafana/d/000000007/coin-flaky-tests

Cheers,
Frederik