[Development] Fornux C++ Superset

Alexander Nassian nassian at bitshift-dynamics.com
Mon May 14 00:35:08 CEST 2018

OMFG, besides that these are not the most difficult problems in programming, ... that computer voice that just reads what the presentation says. Youtube Videos are not the messias, if it’s just a written down text, publish it as text. Why a voice that reads 1:1 what is visible on the screen? If you would‘ve slow it down you would at least get money from ads :D

> Am 13.05.2018 um 23:26 schrieb Phil Bouchard <philippeb8 at gmail.com>:

>>> Well, no, they're not.
>>> I've fixed *lots and lots* of memory leaks.
>>> Some of them were a little tricky: most were trivial.
>>> I can *see* memory leaks just by reading code.
>>> It's one of the reasons code review makes memory leaks rare.
>>> That and nice sensible disciplines like RAII.
>>>
>>> Use-after-free is usually harder to solve than a leak.
>>> Deadlocks are almost always harder to solve.
>> You're right:
>> 1) Deadlocks are much more difficult to find
>> 2) Then comes the use-after-free but they can be easily detected by throwing an exception with root_ptr
>> 3) Then we have the memory leaks...
>
> I made a mistake here: use-after-free problems are actually easily solved by FCXXSS because it discards all explicit calls to "delete" and implicitly use them where they belong. So it's impossible to face that problem.
>
> In fact I have prepared a summary of our discussion and you can see the execution of my previous example in real-time here:
> https://youtu.be/vZL5X2FlZKU
>

> Regards,
> -Phil

—

bitshift dynamics GmbH
Neudorfer Str. 1, 79541 Lörrach

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Freiburg i. Breisgau, HRB 713747

Geschäftsführer: Alexander Nassian, Markus Pfaffinger

http://www.bitshift-dynamics.de <http://www.bitshift-dynamics.de/>

Zentrale: +49 762158673 - 0
Fax: +49 7621 58673 - 90

Allgemeine Anfragen: