[Development] Repository Request: qt/licensing

Stottlemyer, Brett (B.S.) bstottle at ford.com
Fri May 18 16:45:20 CEST 2018

On 5/18/18, 10:36 AM, "Development on behalf of Kai Koehne" <development-bounces+bstottle=ford.com at qt-project.org on behalf of Kai.Koehne at qt.io> wrote:

    Hi,

    I'd like to request the creation of a repository "qt/licensing" on codereview.qt-project.org. This will become an optional git submodule of qtbase (checkout: qtbase/licensing).

    The repository will contain the Licenses and binary files (licheck*) that are so far only in our commercial source packages. The goal is to allow proper commercial builds from git, see also https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-52222.

    As such, the repository should be readable by everyone, but write access should be limited to The Qt Company.

I don’t understand how would that solve the issue.  Wouldn’t this repo need to be cloned and then (somehow) merged with qtbase?  If public read/download access if not a concern, wouldn’t it make more sense to just add licheck and the licenses to qtbase repo?

Brett