[Development] Repository Request: qt/licensing

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue May 22 22:21:25 CEST 2018

On Friday, 18 May 2018 18:18:02 -03 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Just for clarification: The official source packages contain the licheck
> > executables already. My aim is that a git checkout and the source packages
> > we provide contain the very same content.
>
> I understand, but I'm asking you not to.

Here's something that would be acceptable:

Do create the qt/licensing repo but make it empty, or just a README file or
whatever is necessary. This repository can live in qt-project.org and be
mirrored under github.com/qtproject.

In your internal infra, use a different repository branched off from the
public one, containing the licence checker binary and anything else you may
need. This repository should never be shared.

It's no different than my own qtbase, except that I do share it:
	https://gitlab.com/thiagomacieira/qtbase