[Development] Repository Request: qt/licensing

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri May 18 23:18:02 CEST 2018

On Friday, 18 May 2018 12:53:00 PDT Kai Koehne wrote:
> > From: Development <development-bounces+kai.koehne=qt.io at qt-project.org> on
> > behalf of Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
> >

> > Is the source code for licheck going to be added to the repository?
>
> No, I'd only add the binaries.
>
> > If not, then the binary cannot be added to the a Qt Project repository.
>
> With "Qt Project repository" I guess you mean any git submodule of qt5.git,
> and further submodules? Or is this just the hosting on
> codereview.qt-project.org that you're concerned about?

I understand the lines are blurred between Qt Project and Qt Company with the
qt.io domain. Let's unblur them:

The Git repositories and this mailing list are Qt Project. Everything there is
Open Source. Please don't add a binary tool that isn't Open Source, even if it
is freely redistributable.

> Just for clarification: The official source packages contain the licheck
> executables already. My aim is that a git checkout and the source packages
> we provide contain the very same content.

I understand, but I'm asking you not to.