[Development] Suggestion - Remove Windows 7 as supported development host

Oliver Wolff Oliver.Wolff at qt.io
Tue Nov 13 14:49:27 CET 2018

Hi Harald,

On 13/11/2018 14:13, Harald Kjølberg wrote:

Hi,

Referring to: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-70891

The suggestion is to remove Windows 7 as a supported development host, but keep it as a target. From the numbers I have access to, more than 55% of the users are on Windows 10. However, I would like to get feedback on this in case there are other opinions.

Can you elaborate on the expected benefits of removing Windows 7 as a supported development host platform? I think our major pain points are in supporting Windows 7 as a target platform. I don't see any advantages in dropping it as a "host platform".

Olli

Thanks!

Best,
Harald Kjølberg