[Development] oiiotool stdout pipe usage with ffmpeg

Jedediah Smith jedsmith at pm.me
Fri Nov 30 01:52:14 CET 2018

Greetings everyone,
I am working on a problem where I'm trying to use openimageio in conjunction with ffmpeg to convert an image sequence of scene-linear aces exr images into a 10 bit h264 quicktime with an ocio display view transform applied.

I am trying to avoid intermediate files, and use the pipe input of ffmpeg to accomplish this.

As far as I am able to determine, it seems oiiotool does support outputting image date to stdout, is this correct?

If so would this functionality be possible to add?

If not, can anyone with experience in this area point me in the right direction for how to accomplish this using the oiio python api?

Thanks for your help!

--
Jed Smith