[Development] Improving Qt CMake Documentation

Riitta-Leena Miettinen Riitta-Leena.Miettinen at qt.io
Fri Nov 30 10:52:37 CET 2018

Hello,

Now that CMake is becoming a major player in Qt, we should try to improve the current CMake Manual that is part of the Qt Reference documentation: http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/cmake-manual.html

We have the following options:

  *   Improve the manual as a part of Qt docs by restructuring it and adding information
  *   Add documentation about Qt-specific features upstream to CMake documentation:  https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/index.html

There is already a Qt-specific section in the CMake docs that we could add Information to: https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/manual/cmake-qt.7.html

CMake documentation is already shipped as a Qt Help file, so we might be able to deliver it as a part of Qt docs.

If we want to keep the CMake Manual in the Qt docs, I would suggest some changes to the Manual structure.
These are described in: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-72159

Please comment the task if you have an opinion about where the documentation should reside or ideas about how to improve it.

Best regards,

Leena

Leena Miettinen
Sr. Documentation Engineer

The Qt Company GmbH
Rudower Chaussee 13
D-12489 Berlin
riitta-leena.miettinen at qt.io
http://qt.io

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho