[Development] Dropping remaining support of qtquick1

Kai Koehne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Fri Oct 5 11:24:39 CEST 2018

Hi,

Can we drop the last remaining traces of qtquick1 from qtbase?

Remember that qtquick1 is not part of Qt anymore since Qt 5.6. Anyhow, some people might still compiled it compiled with later versions on their own ... Right now it doesn't compile for me with 5.12, but I haven't investigated why.

The last remaining support for Qt Quick 1 are in the build system (qml1_module.prf, qml1_plugin.prf), QLibraryInfo::ImportsPath, qmake ($$QT_INSTALL_IMPORTS), and finally in QObject and QWidget (handling of QAbstractDeclarativeData::destroyed_qml1).

We could remove these already in 5.12, in 5.13, or wait for Qt 6. I'd prefer 5.12 if nobody objects 😊

Regards

Kai

--
Kai Koehne, Senior Manager R&D | The Qt Company

Geschäftsfßhrer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho. Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg,
HRB 144331 B

The Future is Written with Qt
www.qtworldsummit.com