[Development] Dropping remaining support of qtquick1

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Oct 5 17:28:08 CEST 2018

On Friday, 5 October 2018 02:24:39 PDT Kai Koehne wrote:
> The last remaining support for Qt Quick 1 are in the build system
> (qml1_module.prf, qml1_plugin.prf), QLibraryInfo::ImportsPath, qmake
> ($$QT_INSTALL_IMPORTS), and finally in QObject and QWidget (handling of
> QAbstractDeclarativeData::destroyed_qml1).
>
> We could remove these already in 5.12, in 5.13, or wait for Qt 6. I'd prefer
> 5.12 if nobody objects

I don't think we should.  qtquick1 may not be as dead as we'd like it to be.
I'd rather keep the QtCore API just in case someone is keeping the old module
working for their applications (or Linux distribution, though I can't find
any). They may also be (ab)using QLibraryInfo::ImportsPath for some other
purpose.