[Development] QUIP 12: Code of Conduct

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Wed Oct 24 20:32:08 CEST 2018

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 05:42:59PM +0200, Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 5:10 PM Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:
> >
> > I am whole-heartedly against a Code of Conduct. [...]
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > regarding our earlier discussions on a possible Code of Conduct, here as
> > > well as at the Contributors' Summit 2017, I've pushed a QUIP with the
> > > necessary rules and definitions:
> > >
> > > https://codereview.qt-project.org/243623
> > >
> > > Please review it.
> > >
> > > regards, Ulf
>
> Dear Jason, I fail to see how you can feel entitled to give your opinion when
> you've done nothing to earn that right

The Governance Model states that

   "The Qt Project is a meritocratic, consensus-based community interested in Qt.

   "Anyone who shares that interest can join the community, participate in its
    decision making processes, and contribute to Qt's development. "

Jason has shown his interest in Qt multiple times. According to this definition
he is clearly a member of the community, he is under the current rules fully
entitled to take part in the decision making process and state his opinion.

Andre'

PS:

> (I can't find any significant contribution by you), especially when it comes
> to oppose something that was agreed together with the rest of the contributors.
>
> I don't think you have even read the proposal. If you want to play with the
> grown-ups, act like one first.

I refrain from commenting this further.