[Development] QUIP 12: Code of Conduct

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Thu Oct 25 16:07:59 CEST 2018

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 07:17:09 +0000, Ulf Hermann wrote:

> Please review it.

Qt Community, Qt Contributors, Qt Project, Qt Company - these are
different things and whenever I see someone who is speaking in behalf of
the Qt project I'm wondering who is actually speaking.

The document already has the problem, that it seems to be legitimated by
the Qt Contributor summit, what somehow implies that contributing is the
criterion for having a voice in the Qt project.

Furthermore you have this blurred line between the Qt project and the Qt
company. IMHO a CoC for the Qt project is a chance to make things a bit
clearer, by having a chapter about what type of business activities are
seen as inappropriate in areas, that are owned by the Qt project.

Or am I the only one who does not like being redirected to a page full of
commercial content, when entering qt-project.org ?

My 2 cents,
Uwe