[Development] QUIP 12: Code of Conduct

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Thu Oct 25 19:39:45 CEST 2018

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 09:51:00AM +0200, Volker Krause via Development wrote:
> We do have a Code of Conduct at KDE for about 10 years now, and this hasn't
> led to abuse of power, suppression of free speech, racism against white people
> or whatever other nonsense people seem to attribute to CoCs nowadays.

The KDE CoC is *friendly*. It contains words like "considerate", "pragmatic",
"support". It doesn't push someone's personal political agenda.  This is a
completely different beast than the Contributor Covenant that's about
"enforcing", "reporting", "banning".

I think we'd see much less heat in the discussion if the proposed Qt CoC had
been based on the KDE CoC.

Andre'