[Development] QUIP 12: Code of Conduct

Ulf Hermann ulf.hermann at qt.io
Fri Oct 26 09:18:21 CEST 2018

On 10/26/18 9:05 AM, Oliver Wolff wrote:
> +1 from here as well. I also think that the proposed document (and
> especially the "enforcement" part) is way too long

The KDE CoC [1] does not specify any action to be taken when it's
violated. That's the main reason why it seems shorter. If you only
consider the equivalent sections in our proposed CoC, the KDE one is
actually much longer. That said, I wouldn't mind replacing the "Our
Pledge" and "Our Standards" paragraphs in the current proposal with the
KDE CoC if that helps with acceptance here.

But, how does this actually work in practice at KDE? Is there another
document that states what they do if someone oversteps the boundaries?
There isn't even a contact email in their CoC. So, if someone was
slapping me around with a large fish in the KDE IRC channel, I still
wouldn't know what to do about it.

Ulf

[1] https://www.kde.org/code-of-conduct/