[Development] QUIP 12: Code of Conduct

NIkolai Marchenko enmarantispam at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 23:22:12 CEST 2018

> Let's assume for the sake of the argument that the text was written with
ill-
intent and let's ignore the taint that it would cause us just by adopting
it:
what's the worst that could happen? The interpretation of the CoC is left
the community that *is* part of the project, not the text's author.

Very simple.
Once someone like her tries to exploit the vulnerabilities community have
created by adopting this document,
the Qt project will likely shut them down with a simple "no, you are not
being reasonable".

But being unreasonable, this person will immediately blast Qt Community for
not adhering to code of conduct and doubts will arise both inside and
outside.
Depending on how persistent they are, it could become a full blown media
storm tarnishing the community's image.

This could all have been avoided by just not letting those people assume Qt
picked _their_ Code.
And whatever Qt Community thinks, they _will_ assume that it is their code
that has been picked and will hold Qt liable to that.