[Development] QUIP 12: Code of Conduct

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Fri Oct 26 21:25:50 CEST 2018

Thiago,

Here's a link that kinda puts it together: https://lulz.com/linux-devs-threaten-killswitch-coc-controversy-1252/ (Scroll to  "The Controversy" and the "rape apologist" Sage Sharp tweet)

I didn't realize this was a thing of "defeat". I have concerns, based on actual events, that I want resolved.

I do respectfully disagree on whether or not an author is relevant to considering a work. In this case the author has a track record of attacking members in open source projects and arguing against meritocracy. Is the text good? There is a lot I agree with, but there are things in it that cross the line for me. I think we can come to an agreement, but not with invoking the Covenant in its current form.