[Development] QUIP 12: Code of Conduct

Alexey Andreyev yetanotherandreyev at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 00:57:41 CEST 2018

Thank you for your answers, Thiago!

> If we took your argument to the extreme, then why would we need a
Constitution
> if we have judges?

As I said, I'm not against any CoC by default. I just tried to express that
professional judges is not an excuse to not work on a better constitution.
Not sure it is appropriate analogy though. Is CoC is just a light welcome
recommendations that is not going to be used by CoC board at making
desicions? Or is it definite rules that we need to follow?
If it's light enough in terms of CoC board possible actions, why bother
adding controvertial details about discrimination for example?
It's not clear about the stringency of the document for me and how to use
it for now.

> Do you trust our Security mailing list?

Yes, I do. And I'm going to trust CoC board, but I do not want to
legitimate things that could easily be misused against community members
and against CoC board too

> I would rather we not write a text ourselves, but find something we're
comfortable with. That would be an extreme effort whose resources could be
best used elsewhere.
> If the CC is such a hot topic, a magnet because of its author's actions,
let's look at others.

I agree about reusing some working CoC is good idea. Not sure that there's
one yet.