[Development] QUIP 12: Code of Conduct

Martin Smith Martin.Smith at qt.io
Sat Oct 27 15:55:59 CEST 2018

>1) To contact the contributor first and try to resolve the issue civilly.
>2) To seek help with a third party (another contributor) who is known to the
>alleged victim and who can act as mediator to try an resolve it.
>3) If 1) and 2) don't work he/she may also bring it to the attention of the
>community (e.g. the mailing list). The community is then free to react or not to
>react.

You just specified a code of conduct. The problem with your code of conduct is that it isn't guaranteed to end in resolution.

>The implication that currently, if you're feeling mistreated, it's impossible to act
>(respectfully) against harassment seems rather far-fetched to me.

But that isn't the implication. The implication is that a mistreated person can take the actions you have specified, and the result can be that the mistreatment, real or not, is not resolved.