[Development] QUIP 12: Code of Conduct

Martin Smith Martin.Smith at qt.io
Sun Oct 28 09:43:19 CET 2018

>Oh, it is going to end in A resolution, it may not end the way the offended party
>may feel just, but that's true also for the proposed text.

HA! You are not Konstantin Shegunov! A software engineer would imediately see that your 3 step CoC might not terminate. You are an imposter!

>imagine that the abusive party is an employee of the QtC and has committed
>heinous acts against a community member.

You can't immediately jump to the worst case scenario to discredit the code of conduct. In fact, the CoC can deal with "heinous acts" by stating that such acts will be referred to the appropriate legal authority.