[Development] QUIP 12: Code of Conduct

Alexey Andreyev yetanotherandreyev at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 11:36:41 CET 2018

Hello, Tomasz! :)
Thank you for the question!

Current draft based on CoC:

> Our Pledge
> ==========
> In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we
> as contributors to and maintainers of the Qt Project pledge to make
> participation in our project and our community a harassment-free
> experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability,
> ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level
> of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal
> appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation,
> or any other characteristics that are not relevant to a person's
> ability to contribute to the Qt Project.

and KDE version:

> We do not tolerate personal attacks, racism, sexism or any other form of
discrimination.

Do we have any research about effects it leading?

How many discrimination suspicions do we have right now?

How could it be resolved successfully at digital community?

How many misuse examples do we have at open projects since accepting
similar rules?

How CoC board are going to protect community from discrimination and
harassment?

Are CoC committee ready for "affirmative action"?

I'm not against the rules as a concept, I agree we need it,
but I totally against perverted or undefined rules that could help to
destroy the community.

I could not accept argument like "let's accept just anything and see how it
goes and fix something later".
"Don't code today what you can't debug tomorrow" :)

I'm just saying we should think twice befoce accepting something.

P.S.: I'm ready to change my mind if I've made a mistake, feel free to
criticize, correct and ignore me :)