[Development] QUIP 12: Code of Conduct

Alexey Andreyev yetanotherandreyev at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 21:18:02 CET 2018

> So, as far as I see you have not identified any controversial
> sentences either
I've defined controversial sentences previously about proposed
harassment-free pledge part and KDE's protection from discrimination part.

> see people reporting on successes of KDE CoC and
> problems with kernel one

Could you provide the link with research or any other details about
successes of the KDE CoC?

> The text is clear - actions will be taken to stop the discrimination.
> That involves technical means (kick / ban) but also more social means

It is not clear. Intruder could ask to ban some person pretending it's
discrimination problem.
intruder could ask to accept vulnerable changes.
All the described situations requires resources from the community.
It also could be used to something could be called denial-of-community
situation.

In general, it could be used to change the image of the community to made
it less popular
and decrease the number of new members.

Anyway, I guess there's still no scientific research and social survey
about the number of the situations that could be called conflicts.
So I don't see what problem should be solved right now.

I could not accept an answer like "let's try and see" since we didn't even
proposed metrics how to check new CoC is helping.