[Development] Build system for Qt 6

Pier Luigi Fiorini pierluigi.fiorini at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 08:12:33 CET 2018

Il giorno mar 30 ott 2018 alle ore 04:34 Thiago Macieira <
thiago.macieira at intel.com> ha scritto:

> > You've said it yourself that qbs did give good results. Maybe give it a
> > chance?
>
> It's been given a chance. The wip/qbs branch has existed for years in
> qtbase.
> The tool has existed for years.

No Qbs hasn't got visibility outside the Qt project and even inside there
are people, like me, who really learned about it a couple years ago and
then it was planned to be the Qt 6 build system.
With more visibility, documentation and examples in all those years, things
might different now.

Some people say Qt is not in the business of creating a build tool but it
was not in the business of creating an IDE but we have QtCreator, which is
an excellent IDE tailored to the needs of Qt developers.

In less than two years we went from the build system planned for Qt 6 to a
deprecated tool.
Spending those years improving CMake (documentation, IDE integration, ...)
would have been far better then.

https://github.com/lirios

--
https://liri.io