[Development] Build system for Qt 6

NIkolai Marchenko enmarantispam at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 16:33:03 CET 2018

> Thus this investment would be at the expense of other things we’d like to
do, like improving our IDE, working on rearchitecting and cleaning up our
core frameworks for Qt 6 or the design tooling we are currently investing
into. The Qt Company believes that those other investments are more
important for the future of Qt than our choice of build tool.

I don't understand. Will it not be a return on the investment when people
use Qt "because their build tool is the best around" ?
Project files are at the root of every project. There are all sorts of good
IDEs around but ppl mostly are forced to use CMAKE which no one seems to
like.
QBS might have been that crucial difference going for qt. Much more
important than any IDE echancment.