[Development] Build system for Qt 6

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 17:42:26 CET 2018

On 30/10/2018 07.23, Christian Gagneraud wrote:
> CMake is not even aware that they are other OS behind WIndows and
> Linux Desktop....

Have you looked at CMake's dashboards? Maybe you are confusing
"supported platforms" with "platforms for which pre-built binaries are
provided"? Support, much less awareness, is definitely not limited to
Windows and Linux.

> Will CMake allow us to build for, say, QNX, GreenHill, VxWorks, and
> the likes?
Platform support is generally contingent on someone doing the work to
get it working, and someone supplying dashboard builds. The latter
should not be difficult for TQtC. Probably the former will not be
difficult either, since presumably someone had those platforms working
with QMake... Assuming they don't already work.

BTW, that is for *native* support, i.e. running CMake on those
platforms. Cross compiling is generally easier.

--
Matthew
(This should always go without saying when I'm using this e-mail