[Development] Build system for Qt 6

Pier Luigi Fiorini pierluigi.fiorini at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 18:31:54 CET 2018

Il giorno mar 30 ott 2018 alle ore 17:52 Oswald Buddenhagen <
Oswald.Buddenhagen at qt.io> ha scritto:

> On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 09:10:27AM -0700, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Is it packaged in a Linux distribution? My requirements also included
> > continuously packaged for 2 years in at least 3 Linux distributions,
> > at the time of the Qt switch to the particular buildsystem.
> >
> it's been packaged for much longer and by more distros already, because
> it's part of qt creator for quite a while. i don't know whether all of
> them ship it as separate packages already, but the official messaging
> from us was that they *should*.

Distros started packaging it separately for some time now.
Before that, as you point out, it was packaged inside QtCreator.

Debian: https://packages.debian.org/sid/qbs
Fedora: https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/qbs
Arch Linux: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/qbs/
OpenSuSE: https://software.opensuse.org/package/qbs?search_term=qbs