[Development] Build system for Qt 6

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Oct 30 22:32:28 CET 2018

On Tuesday, 30 October 2018 14:15:46 PDT NIkolai Marchenko wrote:
> Maybe, but then, you've spent quite some time developing the system ,what's
> stopping you from reaching out to suitable projects that involve packaging
> to help them set up their project with QBS?
> Instead of stating your desire to pull the plug and basically discouraging
> such a community from ever appearing.

I'm assuming that the "you" in that question is The Qt Company, not me
specifically. I don't know why they didn't.

But if you meant me, I'm not qualified to do it myself, but I *did* ask the
developers to do that. My email from July was that call for action: among
other things, get involved with the packager community and show that your tool
works for their usecases without major side-effects.

Looks like The Qt Company analysed how much effort that would be and decided
that it wasn't worth the investment.