[Development] Build system for Qt 6

Maximilian Hrabowski maximilian.hrabowski at clausmark.com
Wed Oct 31 12:32:11 CET 2018

On 31. Oct 2018, at 06:38, Bogdan Vatra via Development <development at qt-project.org<mailto:development at qt-project.org>> wrote:

Hi,

În ziua de marți, 30 octombrie 2018, la 19:11:20 EET, Oswald Buddenhagen a
scris:
On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 01:16:43PM +0200, Bogdan Vatra wrote:
c.2) back then, none of the existing build system could deliver enough
information to IDEs to enable prefect code completion (e.g.  include
paths, defines, compiler flags, etc.)
c.2) Incomplete! A while ago, I created a QBS plugin for KDevelop[1]
and I found some problems, see how QBS developers treat them here:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QBS-902 . That was the moment when I
started to have doubts :).

for all i can tell that's a rather poor bug report with little followup
from you. that's where i start to have doubts whether you actually mean
it. ;)

You must be kidding! What do you want me to do more? Write some love poems?

This kind of reaction on https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QBS-902 is the normal experience i encounter when submitting Qt-Bugs, so IMHO this is not related to the importance of qbs as a project but best practise.

Cheers,
Maximilian